October 26, 2014

What's in My Beauty Bag: Trip to Mont-Tremblant

Earlier this month, I took a weekend trip to Mont-Tremblant to appreciate the fall foliage. Today I want to share some first impressions and detailed reviews for some beauty minis that I brought with me.


Make-up Products




  • Almay Color + Care Liquid Lip Balm (Pink Pout)
  • Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer (Glow)
  • BareMinerals 5 In 1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow (Soft Linen) [Review Here]
  • Benefit Watt's Up! [Swatch Here]
  • Bite High Pigment Pencil (Meritage) [Review Here]
  • The Face Shop Lovely Me:ex Design My Eyebrow (Black Brown) [Review Here]
  • Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 [Review Here]
  • L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga (Blackest Black)
  • L'Oreal Super Liner Duo Precision (Black)
  • Make Up Forever HD High Definition Second Skin Cream Blush (Coral) - Sample
  • Marc Jacobs Lust for Lacquer (Kissability) [Review Here]


Almay Color + Care Liquid Lip Balm (500 Pink Pout)


This Pink Pout shade has a sheer but noticeable color. The finish is glossy and the formula feels very moisturizing. The formula feels great and my lips feel softer after the 4-5 hours wear time. The only thing I don't love is the scent, which is slightly too sweet. I have had this product since last December and this is one of the best drugstore lip glosses that I have ever tried. This product retails for $C8-9 and I highly recommend it!




Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer


I first picked up the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer and I found that one settles into fine lines under my eyes too quickly. The Illuminating Touch Concealer has a much lighter formula and I really like how it brightens my under eye area. The medium coverage doesn't conceal my dark circles entirely, but gives it a much needed improvement. The weartime is great, my under eye area is still illuminated and looks natural even 10 hours later.

I like to twist and deposit the product onto my fingers before dabbing it on underneath my eyes. The only downside is the limited color selection of this concealer. I use 03 Glow, which is the darkest color available. 01 Natural is too light and 02 Naked is a tad grey on me. This is a very affordable concealer at £4.99 and I would repurchase the next time I am in the UK.




L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga (Blackest Black)


This mascara is great at curling and uplifting my lashes. However, the formula is slightly tacky and the wand just bunches my lashes together. There is a lot of clumps and the flakes would scatter all around my eyes on a windy day. This mascara retails for C$10-12 and I am not interested to use it again.




L'Oreal Super Liner Duo Precision (Black)



The felt-tip can draw thin or thick lines depending on how I hold the brush. The formula is a bit watery, but it can be built up to a pigmented finish. This eyeliner wears well on me and I really like the sleek packaging. I purchased this in a pack with the L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess Mascara [Review Here] and I have not seen this available for purchase individually in Canada. I don't think I would repurchase since I prefer a brush tip for liquid eyeliners.




Make Up Forever HD High Definition Second Skin Cream Blush (410 Coral)

Blended (Left) and Swatch (Right)


Dabbing on this blush feels like applying watercolor to my cheeks. The formula is very pigmented, so a little bit blended out gives just the right amount of flush. This blush is long-lasting and still looks great at the end of the day. I am on the fence about purchasing the C$31 full-size, but this is definitely a great blush.




Skincare and Body Care Products




I am always a little apprehensive about introducing too many new products at once. This time, I took a little risk since I have never used any of the skincare products aside from the Shu Uemura cleansing oil. I am glad that my skin was at the higher end of its tolerance.



  • Kiehl's Gentle Foaming Facial Cleanser
    • I really enjoyed this cleanser sample. It felt very gentle and very moisturizing. I may purchase the full size.
  • Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser
    • This cleanser has more of a gel texture and I don't like this as much as the gentle foaming version. I would not purchase the full-size.
  • Shu Uemura Whitefficient Clear Brightening Gentle Cleansing Oil [Review Here]
  • Shu Uemura Depsea Hydrability Moisturizing Cream x 2
    • This formula is very fragrant and has a slightly slippery formula that feels great on the skin.
  • Glamglow Brightmud Eye Treatment
  • Kat Von D Unlock It Makeup Remover Wipes (package of 2)
    • The wipes removed makeup fine without any irritation. I have no particular interest in this product and I would not purchase the full pack.
  • The Face Shop Mango Seed Silk Moisturizing Lotion
    • I had a lot of trouble getting the formula of the sample, so my experience did not start off well. The formula is very light and it works okay. I am not interested in the full-size.
  • Bliss Lemon + Sage Body Butter Maximum Moisture Cream
    • Both the lotion and the body wash has a very potent lemon scent. The lotion has a nice texture and absorbs quickly everywhere aside from the palm of my hands.
  • Bliss Lemon + Sage Soapy Suds Body Wash + Bubbling Bath
    • This formula does not lather up as well or fill the bath with as many bubbles as the name suggests. The lemon scent does not linger after a bath and/or shower. I received my set of body wash and body butter during my stay at the W New York City. I recently spotted these two (same sizes) as part of a Lemony Trinkets set for C$13. I don't think these sizes are worth the money.


Glamglow Brightmud Eye Treatment

This claims to be an instantly brightening mask. I felt a little tingling, but saw no visible effects. After wiping away the formula after the 3 minutes wait, I did not like the residual film left on the skin. I find each pod enough for two uses and I would not spend money on this.




On-the-Go Products






  • Clinique Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen Face Cream
    • The sunscreen is non-greasy, absorbs readily, and has a nice satin finish on me. The formula doesn't make me break out. This 50mL tube retails for C$26 and I would probably repurchase.
  • The Face Shop Natural Sun Super White Sun Cream SPF 50+ PA+++
    • Aside from the formula being very light and nothing else was particularly memorable.
  • Aesop Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm - Sample
    • The citrus scent has a hint of lavender. The formula absorbs really quickly and feels really nice. I probably would not purchase the full-size since the 75mL size retails for $27.
  • Caudalie Lip Conditioner
    • This is my favorite lip balm to wear on its own. The scent is subtle and feels moisturizing. The formula isn't long lasting, so I reapply every couple of hours. This lip balm retails for C$12 in Canada and I've noticed that the packaging is different. I hope they didn't change up a good formula!
  • Soap & Glory Hand Maid
  • Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau de Toilette
    • This scent is very similar to one of my favorite fragrances, the Lavin Eclat d’Arp├Ęge, but this is slightly more sweet and is not as long lasting.



What beauty products have you taken on a recent trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment