October 5, 2014

Review: Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip

I purchased and loved the Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip set from last year [Swatches Here], so naturally, I picked up this year's version. I have had these six products for over a month now and today I want to share my thoughts on this C$30 lip set.



This set with a total value of $C83.65:
  • Smashbox Be Legendary Gloss (Pout) - 0.20oz (full size 0.20oz for C$23) - value: C$23
  • Bite High Pigment Lip Pencil (Meritage) - 0.05oz (full size 0.09oz for C$28) - value: C$15.56
  • Marc Jacobs Lust for Lacquer (Kissability) - 0.02oz (full size 0.16oz for C$34) - value: C$4.25
  • Buxom Full On Lip Cream (White Russian) - 0.07oz (full size 0.14oz for C$23) - value: C$11.5
  • NARS Lip Gloss (Orgasm) - 0.12oz (full size 0.18oz for C$31) - value: C$20.67
  • Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick (Naked) - 0.03oz (full size 0.09oz for C$26) - value: C$8.67




[L-R]: Smashbox Be Legendary Gloss (Pout), Bite High Pigment Lip Pencil (Meritage), Marc Jacobs Lust for Lacquer (Kissability), Buxom Full On Lip Cream (White Russian), NARS Lip Gloss (Orgasm), and Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick (Naked)





Smashbox Be Legendary Gloss (Pout)


The packaging image is not very color-accurate and it depicted this Smashbox lip gloss as a light pink color. In reality, the Pout shade is almost white with subtle cool-tone shimmers. The scent is very sweet, but thankfully it goes away quickly. The shimmers are only noticeable in the tube. Unfortunately this lip gloss only works with my complexion as a very sheer layer. I could probably use this product as a highlight around the center of my lips, but in all honesty, I would probably never reach for this lip gloss again. As this is the one full-size product in this set, I really wish it wasn't my least favorite item out of this set.



Buxom Full On Lip Cream (White Russian)


I already have a couple of the Buxom lip polishes, so I am already familiar with the smooth application, shiny finish, and the painless plumping effect. The lip cream line is similar to the lip polish line aside from the lack of shimmers.

This is another product where the packaging image is not very accurate. The actual White Russian shade is a creamy nude color. My lips have a bit of pigment to start with, so sheer nude lip glosses all look pretty similar on my lips. Aside from being a great formula to wear, what differentiates this lip gloss is the plumping effect.

This lip gloss has a vanilla mint scent and a slight tingling sensation when first applied. The plumping effect takes about 10 minutes to settle in and the color lasts about 4 hours of me. I swatched all six products in order from the lightest shade. If you compare the above lip swatch against the following ones, there is a visible plumping effect.



Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick (Naked)


This lipstick is a darker pink nude that is just a hair lighter than my natural lip color. The formula is so creamy and has great opacity even with one coat. Even when I apply heavy layers, this lipstick still look very natural. The scent and taste are both subtle and the formula feels moisturizing throughout the 4 hours wear. I really like this color and it is a great option for office-appropriate lip products.



Marc Jacobs Lust for Lacquer (Kissability)


This is a sheer raspberry tone lip gloss with a very glossy and glazed finish. The gold glitters are only visible in a close-up and the formula makes my lips look very moisturized. I am a little sad that the size of this sample is so small, but I really can't complain since I am glad to have tried it.



NARS Lip Gloss (Orgasm)


This NARS formula is a thicker gloss and I like to wear it as a thin layer for a nice gilded finish. The Orgasm color can be built up to the peachy tube shade, but that's not the look I like to go for. There is no discernible taste or scent.

The texture is not sticky and it lasts over 4 hours. Compared the other gilded lip glosses that I own, the NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil (New Lover) is more pink [Review Here] and the Buxom Lip Polish (Leslie) is less orange [Review Here].



Bite High Pigment Lip Pencil (Meritage)


This is a very wearable red shade and the color lasts 4 hours. I like to just wear a thin layer to not worry about a very clean edge. The formula feels so comfortable on the lips and wears off very evenly. The Bite products are made with food-grade ingredients and there is very little staining.




I always enjoy sample sets and this one was no exception. This set is skewed toward lip glosses and more pink shades. I wish the packaging was more color-accurate, but I am happy with my purchase.


What lip products have you tried recently?

2 comments:

  1. The Marc Jacobs lip gloss is so tiny and cute! The last lip product I tried was a Bite High Pigment lip pencil too. They are so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't finished a lip product in so long and this Marc Jacobs gloss is going to break up the trend!

      Delete